First you need these ingredients
2 cups Basmati- Rice
3/4kg Chicken piecesOnion 3 large, sliced1 cup Yoghurt1 tsp Ginger paste1/2 tsp Garlic paste1 tsp Green chilli paste1/2 cup Tomato puree2 tsp Red chilli powder1 tsp Turmeric powder1 tsp Cumin powder (roasted)1/2 tsp Cardamom powder2 tsp Garam masala powder1/2 cup MilkA pinch Saffron1 tsp Coriander powderGreen coriander leaves 2 tbsp, choppedWater 3 1/2 cups7 tbsp OilSalt as required
1. Make a mixture with tomato yoghurt, puree, green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt.
2. Take the chicken and marinade it in the same mixture. Let it rest for 3-4 hours.
3. Put oil in a pan, heat it and fry onions till they turn golden brown.
4. Now, to this add the marinated chicken and cook the entire mixture for 10 mints.
5. After that in a pressure cooker, take the rice and add 3 1/2 cups of water to it. Also, take the saffron, mix with the milk and add to the rice.
6. Lastly, add the cardamom powder and the chicken pieces, along with the marinade.
7. Mix all the ingredients gently, cover with the cooker lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
8. Your tasty chicken biryani recipe is ready now ...