PROTOIO INC is a productivity tools software company. Its products aim at accelerating the product development lifecycle, by improving efficiency and bridging communication gaps in product teams. Proto.io is the flagship product of the company and an industry leading prototyping platform. Its latest product, Overflow, is the world’s first user flow diagramming tool tailored for designers.
We are a group of passionate, fun and creative individuals and we are looking for someone just as motivated to join us. We work in a fast-paced, agile start-up environment where things never get boring. We work hard and play hard too!
As a Front End Engineer, you will be collaborating closely with your team consisting of designers, QA and engineers, to build and ship new features for the company’s products, as well as improving existing functionality and doing performance optimizations. You will be putting your skills to use to develop features that push the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve on the web. The ideal candidate will be excited to keep up with the latest technologies and will have the ability to learn new skills with relative ease. As a key part of our fast-growing team, you will impact the technical direction of the company and products.
A typical day looks like this:
- Start with a healthy breakfast
- Participate in our agile ceremonies (Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives).
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and designers to discuss, plan and build user-facing features.
- Participate in peer code reviews through pull requests for knowledge sharing and maintaining the quality of our codebase.
You fit the role if:
- You have proficiency with CSS3, HTML5 and modern browser technologies
- You know how to write modular CSS using a CSS preprocessor (e.g. Sass, Less)
- You are able to write reusable, scalable, and high-performance code
- You have experience in developing large single-page applications
- You have experience with a version control system such as Git in a team environment
- You are driven by the challenge of working on a complex, large-scale product used daily by thousands of users
- You are comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism, particularly while participating in code reviews
- You tend to obsess over code simplicity and performance
- You are eligible to work in the EU
We'd be especially happy if:
- You have experience with TypeScript
- You have experience with writing asynchronous Node.js services
- You have a flair for design and commitment to great user experiences
- You have experience with build automation and tooling (webpack, grunt, npm)
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hyped and what is valuable
- You have worked in Agile teams and delivered software by following Agile mindset
- Competitive salary and benefits (13th salary included)
- Continuous learning in a high-tech environment
- Personal development fund
- Company-sponsored events and annual retreat
- Health and wellness programs
- Daily healthy breakfast and premium coffee
- Pet-friendly office space
- Unlimited foosball, billiard, darts, PlayStation and arcade games